Richmond Truck Accident Lawyer
Representing Truck Accident Victims in Texas
When the unexpected happens, and you are involved in a truck accident, the aftermath can be overwhelming. Dealing with the physical, emotional, and financial effects of such an incident can be a daunting task. At The Law Office of Larry P. McDougal, we understand the challenges you face and are here to guide you through the legal complexities surrounding truck accidents. As seasoned Richmond truck accident lawyers, we are dedicated to providing compassionate and aggressive legal representation to help you seek the compensation you deserve.
Call The Law Office of Larry P. McDougal today at (281) 823-9377 or contact us online to request a consultation with our truck accident attorney in Richmond.
Common Injuries in Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can lead to devastating injuries due to the very size and weight disparity between commercial trucks and smaller vehicles. Some common injuries occurring from truck accidents can include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): The force of impact in a truck accident can lead to head injuries, ranging from concussions to extreme traumatic brain injuries, which may have long-lasting effects on cognitive functions.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: The abrupt jolts and forces involved in truck accidents can cause spinal cord injuries, potentially resulting in paralysis or permanent mobility issues.
- Broken Bones and Fractures: The impact of a truck collision can cause multiple fractures and broken bones, leading to extended recovery periods and potential complications.
- Internal Organ Damage: The force of impact can cause harm to internal organs, leading to internal bleeding, organ failure, or the need for surgical intervention.
- Whiplash and Soft Tissue Injuries: Even at lower speeds, truck accidents can cause whiplash and other soft tissue injuries that may result in chronic pain and discomfort.
- Emotional Trauma: The emotional toll of a truck accident should not be underestimated. Many survivors and witnesses experience post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and ongoing emotional distress.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Truck Accidents in Texas?
In the state of Texas, there is a time limit within which you must file a lawsuit after a truck accident. This is known as the "statute of limitations." In most cases, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases, including truck accidents, is two years from the date of the accident. However, certain circumstances might alter this timeline, making it essential to consult with a skilled Richmond truck accident attorney as soon as possible.
It's important to act quickly after a truck accident to preserve crucial evidence, gather witness statements, and build a strong case. Waiting too long to take legal action could result in the loss of important evidence and witnesses' fading memories, which could weaken your case.
Contact Our Richmond Truck Accident Attorney Today
Don't let the complexities of truck accident cases overwhelm you. The Law Office of Larry P. McDougal is here to stand by your side and fight for your rights after a truck accident. Remember, time is of the essence. The sooner you seek legal advice, the better chance you have of securing the compensation you need to help cover medical costs, lost wages, and the pain and suffering you've endured due to the truck accident. Your road to recovery starts here.
Contact The Law Office of Larry P. McDougal today to get in touch with our Richmond truck accident lawyer.